One time I got food poisoning from McDonald's while I was visiting family in Chapel Hill. I posted it on to see if anyone else had the same thing. A couple days later I got a call from the Chatham County health department who asked me a bunch of questions (they had seen my post on the site), and then actually did a surprise visit of the McDonald's and found that they weren't cooking their chicken to a sufficient temperature. It was pretty fucking awesome to see local government work like that.

read more